Tinky for GIGA Nas
What is Tinky ?
Tinky is a alternative firmware for the NAS-1000 / NAS-2000 storage device with support to ipkg, telnet and many other stuff. The GIGA Nas and the nas2000 are very similar except for the second ide/sata channel, gigabit ethernet and the usb port that are missed on the NAS 2000.
Tinky and GIGA Nas (Tinky-LS firmware)
Thanks to Lord Scaffard efforts, we can now use Tinky firmware on the Giga NAS, without loosing the ide channel and usb. This firmware is called Tinky-LS, and it's image can be found here. Dont use the DUAL HDD Nas Tinky-LS image because it will brick your GIGA Nas (their kernels are not compatible).
The Tinky-LS differs from Tinky in:
- ramdisk (added /dev/hdc*, /dev/hdd*, /dev/sd* missing device nodes)
- application (restored hotplug and some original script code to handle USB+second ide channel)
- You cannot revert to original firmware using the webgui (since update handler expects a different firmware flash layout). You can still use bootloader menu to do that. A manual restore method is being prepared (using mtd-utils).
- Log is flooded by these messages: "icybox user.info powermgmt: Ambiguous event is occurred!!!"
- The firmware seems to be a little unstable